Paul George- Season Comparisons and Future MVP?
So far Oklahoma City Thunder Forward Paul George has had a Marvelous season putting up outstanding numbers in most of his games. On the 6th December Thunder played the Brooklyn Nets and George got 47 points which is 1 point short of his career high of 48 points.
Looking at his overall stats from his first season with the Thunder and this season you can see significant improvements in every area.
- His Points Per Game has increased from 21.9 to 26.3.
- His Assists Per Game has increased from 3.3 to 4.3.
- His Rebounds Per Game has increased from 5.7 to 8.4, with his Offensive Rebounds Per Game going from 0.9 to 1.5.
As well as putting up exceptional numbers on the offensive end he is also improving on the defensive end as well.
- His Defensive Rebounds Per Game have gone from 4.7 to 6.9.
- His Blocks Per Game have increased from 0.5 to 0.7.
- His Steals Per Game have increased from 2.0 to 2.2.
He has also stepped up and taken the scoring lead for the Thunder as Westbrook has hit a slump since he rolled his ankle back in November.
Since the 11th December against the Jazz to the Christmas Day game against the Rockets Georges points have ranged from 24-43. He got 43 points 2 games in a row against the Kings on the 20th December and the Jazz on the 23rd December.
It seems to me that Paul George has even taken Westbrook’s celebration.
As we are only 33 out of 82 games into this season things could go either way. Paul George could keep improving and win either the MVP Award (Most Valuable Player) which would be good to see, he could also win the MIP Award (Most Improved Player) or things to take a turn for the worse and he could stop improving and start declining which is unlikely to happen but anything is possible.